Tuesday 22 August 2017

Week 5.1 Interim 2

Following the interim, I'm glad that people clearly understood my topic. I received really helpful critique that I wouldn't have recognized myself.

My 2 posters for Interim


This poster draws attention to the psychological effect poverty has on children, mainly focusing on the emotional problem. I wanted to show that children who live in poverty often get overlooked and feel invisible in society. The children in front are unaware and naive of the shadow that casts behind them. The shadow is supposed to represent the repressed in our life. The feedback mentioned that this poster doesn't reveal much about poverty. I could try to make the girl look sadder. Needs way more improvement!


Feedback for cloud poster: 
  • Check text alignment 
  • Some of the text in the black cloud poster is hard to read. 'shouldn't have to live' was read as "shouldn't live'. I'm glad people pointed this out because when you spend a lot of time looking at the text, you already know how it's supposed to be read. But it's not the same for someone viewing it for the first time. 
I also received one on one feedback on how I can consider New Zealand in a wider view and how child poverty is such an issue in NZ but it's not talked about enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment