Tuesday 22 August 2017

Week 4 - Developments


This week I've been developing my 2 posters. I experimented with different colours and compositions.


Cloud poster 

Initially, I had the black cloud just on top of his head, but I thought it would make more sense for the cloud to come out of him yet still be under the cloud. This shows that the suffering is part of him and it's not something he can easily escape out of. It follows him everywhere.
I ended up deciding between the blue and red background. I thought that the red worked better because it's quite an emotionally intense colour that is able to focus attention.
I went with a more asymmetrical composition because it adds flow and rhythm. Since we read from left to right, I want to guide the viewer’s eyes from the boy to black cloud. It also leaves space for the supporting text on the right which balances out the composition.





Shadow poster 

I did more research on what shadows represent in Jungian psychology. This way I have a better understanding of the concept which will hopefully help me develop my poster.

A summary:

  • unconscious self 
  • being invisible, rejected, overlooked 
  • can't be ignored 
  • the dark side 
  • the repressed in our life 
  • "returns and needs to be dealt within a new way, because the seeds of psychological renewal and of possible future directions for life lie hidden within it”
  • "unconscious aspect of the personality which the conscious ego does not identify in itself. The blacker and denser it is." 




I didn't like the colours I was using at first because they were too happy and not attention grabbing enough. Having the shadow upside down may be unclear from afar, so I will stick with having the shadow upright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment