Tuesday 22 August 2017

rationale

 

My posters aim to show the psychological effects of child poverty. They explore how the burden of poverty causes children to experience behavioral and emotional problems that they can't escape from. In terms of Ihi Wehi, I intended for both of my posters to provoke an emotional response by drawing attention to the struggles of the child. To attract the viewer's attention, I've used contrasting colours and illustrations. Black is used as my primary colour palette as it's typically associated with the negative. For one of my posters, a child is under a black cloud to represent the emotional suffering surrounding him. The cloud emerges out of the child, showing that it's always part of him. My other poster consists of two children that are unaware of the shadow that cast behind them. By having the girl as their shadow, it represents her being overlooked and invisible in society.







No comments:

Post a Comment